Saturday, April 28, 2007

An Elvis Kind of Day


The American Idol episode featuring the Celine and Elvis duet got me thinking.... I love Elvis.

I'm not a big Celine fan, but she did a nice job. The technology was so cool. I really enjoyed watching the duet.
Thanks to Mom, I've been familiar with Elvis Presley's music since I was a little girl. But back then I thought he was gross. My, how things change! You just can't beat Elvis in the '68 comeback special! A couple of years ago PJ (pre-Joe) Matt & I visited Memphis, including Graceland. I loved every kitschy moment of it and gained a newfound respect for Elvis. We had such a great time, I would recommend a visit to TN for everyone! Be sure to stop by Nashville too and holler at David while you're there.
Anyway, I just thought I'd post a little tribute to the King today. Have a great weekend everyone!

... and to Elvis: thank you, thank you very much.

No comments: