Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there! You've helped us grow, and some of you are now helping your grandchildren grow, into wonderful young men and women.
Happy Father's Day to you if you have a child or are thinking about having one.

Happy Father's Day to you if you are the "father" of a pet.
Happy Father's Day to you if you are a godfather to a little girl or boy.
Happy Father's Day to you if you are a strong male role model for a child.
Happy Father's Day to you if you can keep a plant alive.
To the father of my child I say thank you for changing diapers, heating bottles, showing our son the world of music, putting up with my moods, taking Joe to the park and giving me a little break in the evenings and being an all around great husband and daddy.
To my own father I say thank you for being a father who likes having fun. Thank you for having gyroscopes and a unicycle in the house and for making a pair of stilts for me. Thank you for making popcorn and for taking me fishing. Thank you for the kite flying and even the trips to the zoo and parades. Thank you for giving me a greater sense of humor. Have a wonderful day! I love you.

1 comment:

JerryFLA said...

Thank you, Jennifer, for the nice sentiments for me and the other Dads. You continue to make me so proud of you. Today, I am by myself. Suzanne is visiting Danny and Michelle and the kids in Colorodo. But I've already had nice phone calls from you and your sister, and I may go fishing if I have the energy. (Having fun is harder than it used to be!)
So, it will be a good day.
Love to all the other Dads!