Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update: Ziploc Zip 'n Steam Cooking Bags


Don't ask me why, but Matt brought six ears of corn home from the store two days ago. It didn't really fit into any of my meal plans, but who am I to say no to one of my favorite veggies?

So, last night I shucked all six ears, trimmed the ends and rinsed them. I fit three ears in a size Large Ziploc Zip 'n Steam cooking bag, layed it flat in the microwave and set it for 5 minutes on High. After 5 minutes, I removed the bag from the microwave, unzipped it and placed the corn on a plate. I repeated this process for the remaining corn.

The result? Delicious, perfectly done corn on the cob! I will not be resorting to boiling corn again. I hate dragging out an extra pot for that, waiting for the water to boil, and then having a starchy pan to wash. This was fast, easy and yum yum yummy! Fresh green beans are next!

Oh! I forgot to add that Joe ate one and a half ears himself!

No comments: