Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Matt's Birthday
















Yesterday we celebrated Matt's birthday. First, we went to Cabin John Park so Joe could ride the miniature train. Matt rode the train with him, but Joe didn't seem to like it too much. Matt said he saw two deer during the ride and I guess he had more fun than Joe. After the train ride, we took Joe to play on the slide and the swings. Next, we went out for lunch and down to Wheaton to visit Brookside Gardens. They had a live butterfly exhibit in one of their conservatories. There were more than 500 butterflies from all around the world. I was mesmerized and wanted to stay all day. Unfortunately, Joseph was pretty tired and they didn't allow strollers in the exhibit, so Matt was trying to hold his hand the whole time with Joe really wanting to run free with the butterflies. I guess we could have let Joe run, but I have a feeling he wouldn't have stayed on the pathways. We didn't want to have to pull him out of the center of a previously untouched botanical oasis in the exhibit and ruin the serenity for others, so we cut our visit a bit short. I think Matt had a nice day with his little family. I hope so, I did.





No comments: