Sunday, July 15, 2007

We Miss You Already!

Today Dad headed home to Florida after a fabulous, albeit brief visit. He treated us to a nice dinner out on Friday night - thanks Dad! On Saturday I made Monkey Bread for breakfast. Oh my, too yummy! We stayed home all day and watched Joe play in the pool in the afternoon. Later, Dad and Matt took Joe to the park. He warmed up so fast to Grampa, I think he would've been happy to hop in Grampa's suitcase and get on that airplane with him. Joe showed him all of his toys and tricks. I made Shrimp with Orzo and Feta for dinner. Did I say it was a visit? More like a foodfest. Today we visited until noon when we all piled into the car and took Dad to Reagan National. It was sad to say goodbye, but it won't be too long (October) until we see Grampa Jerry & Grandma Suzanne at Tybee Island, GA. Can't wait to see you and the rest of the family!

2 comments:

JerryFLA said...

What a great visit. It amazes me to see how Joe has grown and how much he has learned. At first taken aback by my silliness, Joe quickly figured me out and soon trusted me to help him in and out of the pool and high chair, and to catch him at the bottom of the slide.
It cracks me up that he communicates so well in his tiny voice, sometimes thrusting his finger forward firmly as he issues a command, "All done purple!" - kinda like a cute li'l Adolf Hitler.
I'm so glad I'll see you all soon.

Matt said...

We try and keep him away from the oven...